This post is by Jason Lemkin from SaaStr
Click here to view on the original site: Original Post
In a perfect world, you’d learn something about marketing first before you hire someone to take it over. I.e., you’d experiment and at least make some progress in:
- Content Marketing. Can you get even 1 customer from blogging and writing?
- Growth Hacking. Can you get even a couple of customers by emailing to a list?
- Event Marketing. Can you get any good leads by going to an industry event first?
- Drip Marketing. Can you set up Hubspot or Intercom or something to reach out programmatically to your leads, and see them convert at a higher rate?
- PR. Can you get some great PR for your company that leads to customers — any customers?
- Adwords and paid media. Can you prove this works at all, even just to get a few customers?