- How Kristina made her way into the world of cloud investing and came to Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #176: Kristina Shen, Partner @ Bessemer Venture Partners On What SaaS Startups Need To Raise A Series A Today"
- How Timo made his way into the world of SMB CRM with the founding of Pipedrive from the days of being a door-to-door salesman of high-ACV products?
Why did Timo choose to go global with Pipedrive from day 1? Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #174: Timo Rein, Founder & CEO @ Pipedrive Discusses How To Make It Big In The US As A Non-US SaaS Startup"
2018 is the Best of Times for venture capital. 200+ new seed funds, and a record number of unicorns and decacorns. And as part of this, more and more big corporations are adding and expanding their venture arms.For the most part, this is a great thing. More options are almost always better for founders. Let me share a quick list of Pros, Cons, and Not Big Deals.
- Usually won’t carry the company or write many “second checks”. This is the biggest issue. Traditional VCs usually reserve another 1x-2x of their first check for later investments. Corporate VCs don’t. They also generally don’t want to “carry” a company and write another check if no one else will. VCs don’t like this either, but they’ll often do it.
- Aren’t usually great at bringing in next round investors. Top seed investors are good at brining in Series A Continue reading "Corporate VC Investments: Limited, But Real, Pros. And Cons."
New! Prefer to read the transcript? We’ve got you covered! You’ll find this week’s transcript below. Welcome to Episode 170! Rob Reid is the Executive Vice President & Managing Director @ Sage Intacct, the undisputed global leader serving finance teams of any size. With over 10,000 employees and and over 3m customers, their financial solutions generate over $2Bn in revenue. Prior to Sage Intacct, Rob led Intacct over an incredible 8 year journey culminating in their reported $850m exit to Sage in 2017. Before that he was CEO and President of LucidEra, a market leader for on-demand business intelligence. Prior to LucidEra, Rob was group Vice President of industry leading Siebel CRM for Oracle, managing the SMB sector. Fun fact: over his phenomenal 30 year career, Rob has been involved with 8 startups, 7 of which have had successful exits. In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How Mark made his way into the world of SaaS over 25 years ago. How has he seen the industry change so remarkably over that time?
Why does Mark believe that many startups today are created with the wrong intentions? Who is ultimately to blame Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #164: Mark Godley, President @ LeadGenius Discusses the Right Way To Sell To Enterprise Buyers"
- How Wade made his way into the world of SaaS and came to found Zapier.
Why does Wade believe that founders need to put in place traditional management sooner than they normally do? What should this structure look like? When is the optimal time to start considering it and then implementing it?
Jyoti Bansal is the former Founder & CEO of AppDynamics, backed by the likes of Lightspeed, Greylock and Kleiner Perkins, just to name a few, before it’s ultimate acquisition by Cisco for $3.7Bn. Today, Jyoti is the Founder and CEO of BIG Labs, essentially a laboratory for creating, developing, and launching innovative ideas. The first of these ideas being turned into companies being, Harness.io the industry’s first continuous delivery as a service platform, where Jyoti is the Founder & CEO. As a result of his tremendous success, Jyoti has been a recipient of many leadership awards including, “Best Cloud Computing CEO to Work For,” “Best CEO” by San Francisco Business Times. In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How Jyoti made his way from selling agricultural machinery with his father in India to creating one of the fastest growing enterprise companies with AppDynamics?
$0-3m ARR: What is Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #151: Jyoti Bansal, Founder @ AppDynamics on The Requirements To Proceed Through The Scaling Stages in SaaS To Build One Of The Fastest Growing Enterprise Companies And Achieve a $3.7Bn Exit"