- How Kristina made her way into the world of cloud investing and came to Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #176: Kristina Shen, Partner @ Bessemer Venture Partners On What SaaS Startups Need To Raise A Series A Today"
- How does Jason think founders should approach long sales cycles in the early days? Why does Jason believe that ultimately long sales cycles do not matter? What can the truly great VPs do to impact those long sales cycles?
How does Jason think founders can tackle lead optimization with their team? How can founders determine which leads to send to which AEs? What will the effect of this tailored lead distribution be?
When is the right time for the founder to begin to take Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #175: Jason Lemkin, Founder @ SaaStr on How To Approach Long Sales Cycles"
- How Timo made his way into the world of SMB CRM with the founding of Pipedrive from the days of being a door-to-door salesman of high-ACV products?
Why did Timo choose to go global with Pipedrive from day 1? Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #174: Timo Rein, Founder & CEO @ Pipedrive Discusses How To Make It Big In The US As A Non-US SaaS Startup"
- When is the right time to hire your first sales rep? What characteristics must those sales have? Why does Jason believe it is impossible to poach a rockstar from another fast scaling startup? Should you then hire the stretch VP or the more experienced, potentially burnt out exec?
How does Jason think about aligning compensation to company objectives? Within the company, which functions serve as the best test areas for variable compensation? What must you be wary of when installing a system of variable compensation?
Welcome to Episode 172! Jon Lee is the Founder & CEO @ ProsperWorks, the #1 recommended CRM for G Suite. To date, ProsperWorks have raised over $85m in VC funding from the likes of True Ventures, Norwest, GV, Bloomberg Beta, and more incredible names. Prior to ProsperWorks, Jon started in investment banking at Merrill Lynch before moving to run a large operations team at Yahoo. Jon then founded Bazaar Advertising Solutions, a business self funded from a Palo Alto apartment that Jon scaled into a highly profitable $47m business in less than 2 years. Jon then sold Bazaar to Epic Media in 2006. Following the acquisition, Jon founded DNA Games, the number one casino simulation game on Facebook with more than 20 million players, ultimately acquired by Zynga in May 2011. In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How Jon made his way into the world of CRM, having Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #172: Jon Lee, Founder & CEO @ ProsperWorks on Why It Is Easier To Start In SMB and Work Your Way Up"
New! Prefer to read the transcript? We’ve got you covered! You’ll find this week’s transcript below. Welcome to Episode 170! Rob Reid is the Executive Vice President & Managing Director @ Sage Intacct, the undisputed global leader serving finance teams of any size. With over 10,000 employees and and over 3m customers, their financial solutions generate over $2Bn in revenue. Prior to Sage Intacct, Rob led Intacct over an incredible 8 year journey culminating in their reported $850m exit to Sage in 2017. Before that he was CEO and President of LucidEra, a market leader for on-demand business intelligence. Prior to LucidEra, Rob was group Vice President of industry leading Siebel CRM for Oracle, managing the SMB sector. Fun fact: over his phenomenal 30 year career, Rob has been involved with 8 startups, 7 of which have had successful exits. In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
- How a conversation in the hallway of a conference with a VC gave Kolton the confidence that he could leave the corporate world of Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #169: Kolton Andrus, Founder & CEO @ Gremlin with the Secret to Ensure High Conversion on Trials"
- How Ryan made his way into the world Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #168: Ryan Williams, Founder @ SalesCollider Shares Why 70% of Startup’s VPs of Sales Fail"
- How PJ made his way from the world of Accenture to founding the world’s leading sales enablement platform in Showpad.
What was the most challenging element for PJ and Showpad in scaling from $1m-10m in ARR? How does the go-to-market change with this scaling? How does the team structure and composition Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #167: PJ Bouten, Founder & CEO @ Showpad On The Biggest Challenges In Scaling From $1-10m in ARR"
- How Harry made his way from being a PM at Google to convincing his co-founder Tom to leave his comfortable corporate job in Seattle to chase the startup dream in the valley.
Diverse Teams: There are a lot of all Continue reading "SaaStr Podcast #165: Harry Glaser, Founder & CEO @ Periscope Data Shares a Step By Step Guide To Building Truly Diverse Teams"